These next three bosses can be completed in any order.
Maloriak is a fight about standing in the right place and Dpsing adds at the correct time.
Atramedes is a fight about not standing in bad.
Chimaeron is a fight where it sucks to be a healer.
(I’m only going to cover Maloriak and Atramedes during this post. Tune in next time for Chimaeron and Nefarian!)
This fight is pretty easy really once you get the hang of things. You’ll need 2 tanks, and a DPS class that has a short interrupt (the tank will be interrupting other things)
There are three “Color phases” during Phase 1, Red, Blue and Green. The phase is denoted by whichever color mix Maloriak throws into his huge cauldron.
- Arcane Storm - Is the ability you want your melee dps interrupting. It has a short cast time followed by a channel. It does AoE Damage to the entire raid, so you’ll want it to stop as soon as possible. Your healers will thank you for it J
- Release Aberrations - Maloriak will release 3 aberrations at a time, each time this is cast. You’ll want to send out 2 or 3 sets of adds before each green phase, so that you don’t end up with a huge amount of adds when Phase 2 starts. Tanks should let enough sets of adds go, then interrupt all the other casts of Release Aberrations. Off tank picks up the adds and keeps them till Green Phase
- Both of these abilities are used throughout each “color” phase.
- Remedy - Maloriak heals himself, applies a stacking HoT, and gains mana back every second. Let a mage spell-steal this if possible. If not, have an offensive dispeller on hand.
Red Phase: “Stack Phase”
- Consuming Flames - Puts a DoT on a random raid member. Being hit by “Scorching Blast” Causes this dot to hit for much harder.
- Scorching Blast - Maloriak breathes fire! It’s a frontal cone ability and all of the damage is *split* between the raid members. Everyone (Except the off tank, and anyone with Scorching Blast) should be stacked on the main tank here.
- Biting Chill - Maloriak targets a random player with a ring of frost, which will damage raid members within 3 yards.
- Flash Freeze - Maloriak freezes someone in ice. It will do about 56-63K damage to that person and anyone within 5 yards. It will encase them in a block of ice. Raid members who are frozen can still be healed and should be topped off before they are broken out of ice. Being broken out of ice will cause 45-50K damage to that person and everyone within 5 yards.
- So you don’t want to be dpsing the adds during the other two phases because the adds all buff each other with Growth Catalyst making them nearly impossible to kill. During this phase, Slime will spew from the cauldron, tossing everyone across the room, and coating everything in the room (boss, adds, raid members alike) with
- Debilitating Slime - The Slime increases all damage taken by 100% and suppresses any Growth Catalyst.
- During this time you should turn and AoE down all of the adds! Arcane storm will still need to be interrupted during this phase, so make sure your interrupter takes notice.
- Maloriak will start with either Red or Blue, then choose the other. The third phase will always be Green. It will rotate until you get Maloriak to 25% health.
He also gains 3 new abilities, and spawns some new adds.
- Prime Subject - These adds suck. They “Fixate” on the target with the most amount of threat after a few seconds. This should be the off tank. They cannot be taunted after they fixate. The off tank should just kite them around until Maloriak is dead
- Magma Jets - Maloriak shoots fire in front of him. He should be tanked facing a wall so this fire does not spread out through the whole room.
- Absolute Zero - A frozen sphere will spawn near a random raid member, there’s a glowy floor thing to show you where the bad will be. Get away from it. It will explode and do a lot of damage and knock back anyone within 5 yards.
- Acid Nova - Raid Wide AoE damage.
Tanks: One tank gets Maloriak and one Kites the adds all fight long
Healers: Heal stuff. Assign a healer to the off tank. Things will start to get hairy depending on how many adds get released
DPS: Don’t stand in bad. Stack for red phase, Spread out for blue phase. Remove yourself from the Red Phase Stack if you have the debuff. AoE ALL THE THINGS in Green Phase. That’s it!
This fight is about not standing in bad, running fast, and confusing a blind dragon. Sounds like fun, right?
Once you start the fight, you’ll notice a new thing on your interface. It’ll be round and (eventually) start to fill up with blue stuff. This is sound. It’s how Atramedes tracks you, and if you get to 100 sound, he will turn and burn your face in. Ancient Dwarven Shields (gongs) can be hit throughout the fight to interrupt Atramedes, and reset the sound on all players. This causes Atramedes to have Vertigo (He stands still to get the sound fixed in his brain). Once Atramedes recovers from vertigo, he destroys the shield that you just hit.
There are two phases to this fight. Ground Phase and Air Phase.
- Sonar Pulse - Atramedes sends out discs of sound. Being hit by these rings will cause you to gain 3 sound
- Modulation - AoE Shadow Damage
- Sonic Breath - Atramedes tracks a random player. Designate which way the tracked person will run before the fight starts Raiders getting caught in the breath will gain 20 sound.
- Searing Flames - This is a channeled effect that causes large amounts of damage, which increases for each point of sound you have. This should be interrupted by whoever is designated to do “Ground phase gongs”
This phase is all about running around not standing in stuff while trying not to get sound :D
- Roaring Flame Breath - Atramedes breathes flame that follows a random player around the room. The Roaring Flame Breath inflicts Fire damage and leaves a trail of Roaring Flames. A Resonating Clash from a gong will temporarily halt the progress of breath, but Atramedes then retargets the flames on a player that used the Ancient Dwarven Shield. (this person should be someone with fast movement speed, rogue, kitty, Priests can use Leap of Faith on this target, ect.
- Sonar Bomb - Does Damage and Increases sound by 20
- This fight is all rinse and repeat while dodging things that cause sound, and using gongs at appropriate times.
Healers: Keep everyone alive. Watch out for those being targeted by fire breaths
DPS: Please don’t stand in bad!